Private Fire Departments…Anyone? Anyone?

What if fire departments had never been socialized in America? It’d probably work a lot like our current health care:

Link: Why We Need Government-Run Universal Socialized Health Insurance

P.S. If you think socialized fire departments aren’t a good idea, you might want to join this Facebook group: 1 Million Strong Against our SOCIALIST Fire Departments:

For too long now, fire departments across the United States have been SOCIALIST organizations, resulting in TAXES on the American people.

FACT: Most Americans never use the socialized services of the fire department. The Obama administration has been very clear about keeping the status quo when it comes to taxpayer-funded fire departments.

It is time to open the fire department up to private industry. We have the best fire departments in the world in the US, but that doesn’t mean that anyone (even non-US citizens) should be able to dial up and have fires put out, etc. There are private companies (Halliburtion, Etc.) who could step in tomorrow and take over every fire department in America and charge the consumer directly.

This is AMERICA. NO FREE FIRE SAFETY.

“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in asbestos and carrying a fire hose.”

This is THE new political movement in America. The Birther movement and The Teabagger movement have FAILED. We are The Flamer movement, and we are succeeding at tearing down ALL forms Socialism – starting with our Fire Departments.

By the way, that nasty rumor I heard from my right-wing-nutter buddies — the one about Obama’s socialized fire departments never arriving at your grandmother’s house — NOT true. :-)

This entry was posted in Politics and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Private Fire Departments…Anyone? Anyone?

Me too, Xman. And yet, while the fire-department genie is free, I think the money keeping the health-care genie in the bottle may be too great to overcome, but that’s not going to stop me rubbing the bottle like hell. :-)

I’m in Wyoming. You can’t believe how right wing it is up here. I could be in fist fights all day long if I wanted to be.

They let Hannity, Rush and O’Reeeeally tell them about health care…and think they are honestly informed.

’bout the same here in Alabama, Xman, probably with a few less angry militia, but a lot more rednecks who want me to hold their beer while they swing a bat at Obama’s mailbox ;-)

Joe and Xman how did an Independant like me get stuck between you two Liberals?

Be thankfull for all those right wing red necks, what other group can you have so much fun with and joke about?

Joe my geography is a bit rusty, but what state is Alabama in?????

You’re right, Pelmo, it is fun to joke about. And I was born down here in Dixie, so I even take pride in a lot of the old culture…the hospitality and genteel society part — not the lynching part…but lately, there just seems to be a swell of clueless bigotry. By the way, Alabama is in the north central part of Georgiassippi :-)

If people on both sides would stop listening to the loud mouths who keep the pot boiling with their comments to get elected, fill their pews or whatever agenda they have; bigotry would come to a screeching halt.

The news media doesn’t help as they give these people so much air time every time they have something idiotic to say. If they just ignored them, they would go away and we would have peace and tranqulity.

7. Jodi says:

I agree with Pelmo.

I agree with Pelmo, too…and yet, I myself find it hard to ignore a lot of the media…they have a lot of practice pushing my buttons and have gotten it down to a science. I’m still all for absolute freedom of the press, and at the same time I understand we’re all humans and we’re going to keep getting worked up by the press…I really miss having somebody like Cronkite who could come on TV and everybody, left and right, would tune into and trust to tell them the truth. If Cronkite were still in the chair at CBS, he could probably come on, tell us the way things really are, and quash all of the twisting and spinning of info; then again, in the world of 24-hour “news” and the Internet, maybe even Cronkite’s calming affect would be lost…

McClatchy, Democracy Now, Scahill, Global Research.ca, a handful of others actually seem to have some ethics and do their own investigating, etc.

The rest seem to be all about sensational content…and leave any obligation to the common good, for someone else to worry about.

Xman you are right.

Joe do as I do and look at those clowns as entertainers and not news reporters. If they do push your buttons, your letting them win.

11. lonmower says:

Besides the fire department here are a few other “socialist institutions

Police
    Library
    Water Works
    Sewer
    Transit systems

All of these are designed to give service/product at affordable $$$
    The wild use of buzz words/labeling/name calling came to a gigantic head with masta Wilson’s outburst and the Right is unwilling to admit that they are responsible for the absence of meaningful debate.

This is ridiculous!!! http://www.ridiculometers.com