Seniors Against American Socialism

Socialism vs Capitalism

Attention!

Senior Americans who hate socialism: Please mail me your social security income that’s currently being leached from my hard-earned paycheck.

Also, please send me any Medicaid or Medicare funds you receive.

Remember: This is no time to be a hypocrite moocher. Don’t be a freeloader. I want my money back.

Cash and major credit cards welcome. ;-)

This entry was posted in Politics, Satire and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Seniors Against American Socialism

Thanks Joe,
    I recently countered my republican mothers criticism of our screwed up government by mentioning all the things that do work well.
    She has 2 new hips, a new knee…and soon another new knee. No problems with getting them paid for or the quality of care. She gets social security and the check is there like clockwork. I send a monthly supplement check and it always gets to her compliments of the “incompetant” post office. She likes driving on a beautiful highway system to see her grandkids. She is presently on an alaska cruise with the coast guard at the ready and on the 18th she flys to Ireland and then Scotland for a month and the faa, tsa, etc. seem to have been doing their job so she can. She is a stickler for food safety and it seems the fda and whoever else, is keeping the major catastrophies to a minimum. She still fears the commies, the yellow peril and who knows what all else…but it seems the troops are keeping them from her door.

It’s funny: When I was a child, she read to me the story of chicken little. She made sure I knew that it was okay to ridicule those who always ran around claiming the sky was falling. I did my best to grow up as one not prone to hysteria. Oddly enough…my mother seems to think we are always on the edge of total disaster.

I’ll grant that there’s plenty still wrong with the health system reforms being bandied about, and that we should be pissed at Congress for the way they’ve mis-managed our country, but there’s enough truly wrong things to focus on without the recent deluge of outright “sky is falling” lies being dumped into the arena the last few days. And the folks yelling “Socialism!” without even knowing what it means are really fraying my last nerve. Pure socialism is bad, pure capitalism is bad, and history has provent that the best of all societies has a healthy balance of both. Unfortunately, the U.S. seems extremely unbalanced right now…

• Xman says:

I agree.
      I’m concerned about the rabid nuts who shout slogans and spew hate…and think they see and know things in absolute and black and white terms.

But I’m most concerned by the powers and outlets who give these hysterical racists voice.

We all have different opinions, and we express them on this blog, in a civil manner, allowing for everyone’s ideas to be heard without any hostility or vulgarity. We may not agree, but believe everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

What I don’t understand, is who is behind all of this shouting and screaming, and why is the other side pouring gas on the fire by calling them mobs and Nazis? If both sides retched down their rhetoric, maybe an amicable solution could be reached.

Or is this the plan, to keep the fires burning, so that nothing is accomplished, and as usual, we all get burned and we end up with both sides blaming each other for the failure.

As far as I am concerned, I don’t trust governments handling of anything. It’s like this cash for clunkers deal that was supposed to help the auto makers and supposedly help me get a better deal. I went out the other day and after getting a few proposals from the dealers, I found out that I would have gotten a better deal before the implementation of this program.

Before this program went into effect, dealers were offering big discounts and 0% financing. Now that the show rooms are full, they are dictating the terms and feel that the rebate program is a big enough discount and are unwilling to budge on the price of the car. It sounds good, but in the end I am the one getting the shaft.

4. Lynne says:

Love it! Great graphic, too.

5. libhomo says:

pelmo: If you watch the videos of the rightists at the town halls, the word “mobs” is merely a factually accurate description of what is going on.