3D Street Art at The Festival of World Culture

Last August, Edgar Mueller continued his series of large-scale 3D street paintings at The Festival of World Cultures in Dun Laoghaire, Ireland. This video documents the transformation of the city’s East Pier into a dramatic ice age scene.

Click link: The Crevasse – Making of 3D Street Art.
Or, watch embedded below:

This entry was posted in Art & Culture and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to 3D Street Art at The Festival of World Culture

1. Lynne says:

So cool! I love optical illusions.

Reminds me of Einstein and his belief that the universe is an optical delusion!

I get those e-mails with photos of his drawings and am amazed at his talent. I can’t even draw a straight line with a ruler.

Man!
    I’d like to see that.
    It looks like if you were just walking a long, you might think you were on the edge.

There’s a few slideshows of more of his projects here: http://www.metanamorph.com. The one with lava flowing down the street seems like it might cause a few wrecks, but you also have to be at that one precise spot to get the full effect of the illusion. I love this kind of stuff…very close to the Trompe l’oeil used inside and outside of buildings. Check out the “flat” dome on this ceiling: Jesuit Church Ceiling in Vienna.

5. Seeing this technique unfolded is a treat. I didn’t realize he involved so many people? What kind of paint, I wonder?

Love this guy.

That flat church ceiling is amazing!

Yeah, looking at that church ceiling and all the others…you can just tell those medieval folks had nothing but time and the plague on their hands :-)

8. They just saw their work as more than a paycheck.

9. Bo says:

“Nothing but time and the plague on their hands” is poetry. :-)

Thanks, Bo. It’s nice not to be the only demented person in the room :-)