10. Proud of being raised in his mom’s single-parent home in Philadelphia.
9. Earned an education degree from Cheyney State College (1964).
8. Taught 6th grade for three and a half years in Philadelphia.
7. While teaching, moonlighted as a DJ at WDAS radio for free.
6. Covered mid-1960s riots in Philadelphia by calling in stories and interviews from a pay phone.
5. Survived back and arm wounds in Cambodia on Easter Sunday, 1973, from mortar shrapnel that killed a nearby soldier.
4. His earring influenced Harrison Ford to get an earring.
3. Won 19 Emmy Awards.
2. Jimmy Buffett played at his wedding to artist Patricia Blanchet.
And the number one cool fact about Ed Bradley…
1. He did what he loved: traveled the world, skied, read books, and listened to lots of jazz.
You will be missed…
[tags]Ed Bradley, 60 Minutes, Emmy, Jazz, Philadelphia[/tags]